What Is Becoming Ultra?
Becoming Ultra is a website, video series, podcast, future training membership site and upcoming film based around the concept that anyone can run an ultra. Every resource from Becoming Ultra is meant to teach, empower, and inspire runners to “Become Ultra”.
Who Is Involved With Becoming Ultra?
The best way to get acquainted with the brand and mission is to check out our Start Here (link) page. Read through and be sure to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for our partner deck once you want to take the next step.
Why partner with Becoming Ultra?
- Ultra running is quickly becoming one of the fastest growing segments in running events. In fact, the number of ultramarathon races has tripled in the last decade.
- As runners discover the world of running past marathon distance they will be seeking out additional resources and inspiration for their new found sport.
- While current films and documentaries and shows out there focus on the elites, our project is based around our target audience, everyday runners who want to take the next step.
- We believe we can be the bridge to these epic accomplishments with the right amount of inspiration and education. We need partners that believe in this ideal.
Have you seen enough? Email us email@example.com for our partner deck!
We have already begun creating engaging and interesting content. Here are some examples:
Season One Completed Video
Here are a few samples of our audio content. Great for runners you love to listen on the go.
Heat training for Ultra’s, Jurek, Jornet, and coaching.
Like a good ultra, we were all over the place on this show but that made it very interesting. Ian talks about a few athletes that he looks to in the sport that he competes in as well as some interesting things going on on the Appalachian Trail. He started his heat training for Western States and shares how he does this. We also delve into coaching and what challenges come along with it. All in all, a very entertaining show if you like running and ultra running, as it should be!
The guide for your next trail half marathon.
Ian Sharman will be coaching us through a trail half marathon. What to do the day before? Morning of? We go over the physical and the mental. Trail etiquette and race etiquette. We even go over post race nutrition a bit. For anyone that needs it laid out just a bit more detailed. This will be a good one to listen to. Plus, Jules is running one this weekend.
Nutrition for runners from Ultra Runner and coach Michele Yates
We are still following along Bailey and her journey to becoming an ultra runner but this week we wanted to take a side road to learn more about basic nutrition. We didn’t even touch on race day and runner specific nutrition but the episode is full of recipe ideas and general principles for you and anyone else wanting to eat better on a daily basis. Enjoy the Becoming Ultra show!
We have some amazing contributors!
The running world has even more to be excited with Becoming Ultra with contributors and partners like
- Ian Sharman and Liza Howard of Sharman Ultra
- Acclaimed author Matt Fitzgerald
- Dr. Kelly Shockley of ABD Wellness.
- Everyday runners to contribute to My First Ultra
Interested in being a part of Becoming Ultra?