Are you training for an ultra in 2017?
Whether it be our first or your fiftyith check out our new Team BU program with resources, community, training tools, coaching and more to support you along your journey.
“Team BU” is all about Being You and going for what is big and audacious and epic to you. It’s about closing your eyes and seeing a version of yourself you know is there but just haven’t found the right people to share it with. It’s about supporting people that want to get there and feeling just as good doing that as getting there yourself. Maybe it’s about running a little too. Okay, a lot is about the running.
This concept has been brewing for about two years. The thing I see when I close my eyes is a community that inherently inspires and teaches and motivates. There are a million ways to plug yourself into the running world so what we are starting here may begin with running but it will be much more than that to the members of the TEAM!
So, enough fluff.
What is Team Be You
Team BU is a community that as a member you will have the chance to access the bests ways to do the things that you have always wanted to do with running, sport, life….with a pretty hardcore focus on running, and running that first ultra of course.
Picture the basic concept of Becoming Ultra, taking runners who have never run an ultra and other runners that love to support them and put them all in it together. Work together to coach and teach and progress together with people pushing you and holding you accountable. It’s an accountability platform as much as anything.
- Unique challenges to keep it fresh and exciting to train. Event day is a blast but sometime training can get boring, we’ll help you get past this part. Some challenges will be running based from mileage to elevation gain. Some will be strength and mobility based and some will be nutrition based.
- Unique strength, mobility, and injury prevention workouts and sets you can add to your specific programming. You’ll have access to a growing library of individual sets and workouts you can add to your training that are runner and ultra runner centric.
- Read Like A Runner– Books fuel our dreams and passions and we will be featuring some of our favorite running literature to discuss and contemplate as they relate to our individual goals.
- Access to our private Facebook Group. See below for more details on this.
- Private access to Case Study coaching sessions. See Below.
- Your support of the team will also support Becoming Ultra as a whole. This project has been in the ears and eyes of thousands for over 2 years for free. You’ll be supporting the project by supporting the team!
- Discounts on coaching and apparel. We honestly doubt you’ll need private coaching with this group but if you decide you want a little extra time for your personal goals, we will be giving all Team BU members a discount on coaching and apparel in our store!
The Private Group
Team BU members will have access to a private Facebook group where coaches and runners can bounce training ideas and concepts off each other. We will bring in other coaches to answer questions you may have about a specific training, nutrition, or mental concept. We will be serving as an on call coach and you will be able to reach out to other members for accountability.
—–> Team BU starts at $20/month!
(This is worth the membership alone as most virtual coaching services start at $150/month at the very low end. )
The Case Study Coaching Calls
Team BU members will have access to bi-weekly calls where we will coach one of the members on a specific goal for that session. It will be based on the members needs and you will be able to learn how we would coach any paying client for services that are typically 10 to 15 times the cost of the group. It’s gonna to be live so you can ask questions and available for viewing or listening as an audio production as well. Once again, this would be worth the membership alone!
What else is there to know?
Is it free?
Nope. Not this one. It will be far too personal and far too valuable to just give away. I hope you will trust us on this point.
Can I bring a friend?
Heck yeah. We have even come up with an idea to easily invite one other friend or stranger as a part of the team.
Do you know someone that needs an extra push? Motivation? Inspiration?
We hope you’ll consider the people you know and the people you don’t that we can help you find to bring in to this community!
——-> Just add $5 to your membership and let us know who you are inviting. Yeah, $5 seems ridiculous to us as well but we wanted to be able to make it accessible for as many runners as possible.
When does it start?
We are launching Team BU on February 1st. IT’S LIVE!
YOU CAN JOIN ANYTIME!!!
What happens when I register?
Right after you register you will be sent a questionnaire about your running and personal goals and history as well as what your priorities with Team BU are so we can start planning your case study coaching call. We will send you the book recommendation for the first month so you can start reading.
We will set up a 10 minute call just to say hi and then you will be sent your invite to the private FB group, have access to the workouts, and be able to check out some of the challenges we have set up.
Shoot us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org